Saturday, March 7, 2009

Improvement

About 6 weeks ago I went on my first long-ish ride. It was only 15 miles, but I hadn't been over 5 yet so it was a big deal. It took me 60 minutes and I was fatigued when I was done. I did that same ride yesterday and completed it in 49 minutes. I felt much better when I was done to boot. I still need to get a new helmet. The one I have was a cheapo when I bought it about 10 years ago in a bookstore. It weighs double what a good helmet would weigh and it creates quite a racket with the airflow around the sides of my ears. It always sounds like there is a car coming up behind me even when there isn't.

I got myself a heart rate monitor so I can be warned if I'm about to have a heart attack.

2 comments:

The Wiser Side said...

glad to know that you are protecting yourself against a heart attack

Heather said...

Yeah, if you are going to be "on the road" so much, the least you can do for your wife is stay alive!
Your bike looks pretty nifty! I would love one of those. Next summer my friend and I are doing a mini triathlon. All I have at the moment is an off road bike.
Thanks for all of your expertise on training for the run I am doing this November. I know nothing and love it when I just get handed all of the information!!!
Isn't your booty sore after those long rides? Those seats are tiny and not soft!