Saturday, December 8, 2007

Little Jimmy in Nebraska...

It's nearing Christmas and things are getting crazy around here. I wish people would pace themselves and buy gifts a bit earlier. It's a wild time of year when you're on the fulfillment end of things. I've been working on the floor to help out over the last few weeks. 1-2 hours a day is all, but it's good to feel that I'm doing my part. I've got wounds on my forearms from working in box SLAM. It's the area where we stuff the boxes with bubbles and run them through a taping machine. It's the final step before they're jammed onto a truck and sent to little Jimmy in Nebraska who's parents ordered him the Harry Potter box set.


We got about 1 inch of snow in Fernley today so our Scout hike of 2 miles was called off. People were calling at 7am because the weather looked "treacherous". We've also had problems with people not coming into work on time, or at all due to the weather. It's not like Provo Canyon in January by any stretch, but there are no snow plows to speak of so any type of snow removal is unreliable.


I want a navigation system for my car for Christmas. Nothing fancy, and Amazon's got one for about $150. That may seem like a random comment, but I'm hoping that someone out there will read this and let Jennifer know. I don't want to ask her or anyone else directly. It would still feel like a surprise this way. :) Her cell # is (801)-318-3462. She doesn't read my blog, so I have to rely on someone else to give her the info. This is like my "Letter to Santa" that is addressed to the North Pole. http://www.northpole.com/



3 comments:

enickel said...

You are funny. Consider it on my to-do list. your little sis

Jennifer said...

Yes, I do read your blog! But you're not getting one anyway!

Heather said...

You are shameless! I'm sure she's more perceptive to what you want than you think.
It's men who need someone to call and spell it out for them!
Good luck with your wish. It looks like you're going to need it! HA!!