Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rocky Mountain High...

I'm finally going on vacation. I've been going for 7 months straight now without a break. We're loading up the van and leaving to Utah to visit family and friends. I've put my bike on the back of the van so I can get some altitude training in. One of my instructors from BYU who happens to be my same age is training for the LOTOJA. It is a 206 mile race from Logan, Utah to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. It starts at 4,000 ft and has three climbs over three mountain passes over 8,000 ft. I'll be riding with him for the next few weeks and getting back into the swing of things after taking two weeks off to rest my legs after the Seattle to Portland.

My legs felt a bit tired since the STP but they've recently been feeling a bit more bouncy and I'm really wanting to get out and ride. I would have gone yesterday but it was about 96 degrees and the family was all miserable. We've been sleeping downstairs for the past few days since it's about 85 degrees upstairs. The thermostat (inside the house)read 76 at 8am this morning. It is currently 102. Next year I will have an air conditioner.

No comments: