Sunday, May 11, 2008

Body-smithing...

I'm one week away from the Marathon. Last week I was very nervous, and I suppose I still am, but last week I was dreading the run. This week I'm feeling better about it and am looking forward to accomplishing something big. On April 26th, the day I turned 37 years old, I ran 20 miles. It took me 3:35:20 and I was a bit sore for the next 24 hours. I'm on the downslope with my training. My "long" run yesterday was only 8 miles. This coming week I have 3,4, & 2 before taking two days off before the race. I've taken the liberty of photographing myself in my skivvies to keep a bit of a photo log of my progress.

This is the "before" picture. This was December 22, 2007. My first 1.5 mile run was on Dec 21, 2007 and hurt like the dickens.

This was taken May 3, 2008. After about 4 1/2 months of running I'm quite a bit lighter than I use to be. I think Jennifer is the primary beneficiary of the results. ;-)

6 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like you've been doing some work! You should send your before and after pictures in to some company who needs weight loss and body transformation advertisement. You could make some money. Granted, you didn't use their product!
Good luck in the run!

enickel said...

Put some clothes on! You do look like you have worked very hard and deserve to relish in it. Have fun this weekend and we can't wait for your trip here.

Jason Carson said...

Dang, Allan! I agree with enickel -- put some clothes on! Seriously, man, you're making me really envious. I want to be like Allan! I just don't want to run... ;) It'll be good to have you up with all of us Seattlites.

Daniel said...

Congrats Allan! You look great. I lost about 30 pounds the summer/fall of our first year in school and I would love to do it (maybe 20 pounds) again. Thanks for inspiring me- now I've just got to get out and work.

Heather said...

By the way, I like the expression on your face in the "before" picture.
You look miserable. A few pounds lighter and you are a happy man! Doesn't it feel so good?

joeheywood said...

Dude, this reminds me of the Top Gun scene where everyone's half naked in the locker room posturing and looking angry. That picture of you in the gray chonies with the scowl - too funny! You could of been standing off behind Goose giving Ice-man the staredown.

Sweet.